The following Terms & Conditions apply to all contracts between Castle Crockery Event Hire Ltd & the hirer by paying the invoice associated with hire it is deemed that all terms & conditions have been acknowledged and are adhered to.
1. All equipment remains the property of the owner, Castle Crockery Event Hire Ltd, Summerhow House, Shap Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 6NY
2. It is the responsibility of the Customer to collect the Hire Goods from the Company and return them to the Company at the end of the Hire Period. If the Company agrees to deliver or collect the Hire Goods to and/or from the Customer it will do so at its stated delivery cost dependent on area and such delivery and/or collection will form part of the Services. All delivery & collection times including weekend must be negotiated prior to the goods going out.
3. The Customer or the customers representative must be present when the Hire Goods are delivered by the Company and the Customer/representative must check & sign for delivery of all such Hire Goods.
4. Loss or damage of any goods whilst on hire from point of delivery or collection from us, remain the sole responsibility of the hirer, the company will operate a discretionary approach to breakages & loss, however in the event of loss or damage deemed to be beyond the accepted discretionary level, the customer will be charged the full replacement costs and these charges are payable on the due date of the invoice. A full list or charges are available on request.
5.Whilst we do our utmost to deliver everything you order in well packaged cartons, we do ask that the delivery is checked as soon as it arrives or is possible. Upon delivery any damaged or missing items must be reported to the hirer immediately or within 4 hours of receiving delivery to enable replacements to be provided and in the case of missing items to prevent the hirer from being charged. Missing items not reported within the allowed time required will be charged.
6. The Customer shall return all glass crates and other storage boxes supplied by the Company. Failure to return these items to the Company will result in a charge for their full replacement value being made against the Customer.
7. Castle Crockery Event Hire Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss or injury caused by the use of any of the equipment.
8. All charges are for a minimum of a 1–3 day hire this includes 1 day prior to the event and the following day after the event, unless the event takes place over a weekend. In which case the equipment must be returned on Monday immediately following. Terms for a longer period of hire are to be negotiated prior to collection/delivery.
9. Wash up charge is included in the hire price, however it is important that food is scraped from crockery and wherever possible cutlery is soaked to avoid staining from acidic foods. All items must be well packed in the storage boxes provided, with dirty glasses being placed the right way up and plates stacked in the correct boxes to avoid un-packing and re-packing prior to transportation.
10. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing 14 days before the good are due to go out.
In the event of a cancellation a rebate of hire charges will be allowed as follows:-
- 14 days or more prior to delivery – no charge
- Up to 10 days of delivery – 30% hire cost
- Up to 5 days of delivery – 50% hire cost
- Up to 48hrs of delivery – full hire cost
11. A minimum deposit of £100 or the full amount of the hire charges (whichever is the greater) will be payable on receipt of the order. With the balance of the order being payable 14 days prior to the date of the hire.
12. A minimum of £50 damage deposit will be held against loss/damage or cancellation and will only be refunded when all the goods have been returned after checking back in stock.
13. Payment terms for account customers are strictly 14 days net or by negotiation. All non-account customers’ payments must be made and cleared 14 days before any goods are delivered. If any invoice remains outstanding the customer will be liable for any reasonable costs associated with recovery.
14. Castle Crockery Event Hire work hard to represent our products on this website as accurately as possible, but as each viewing device is calibrated and may display differently, we cannot provide any guarantees regarding accuracy.
15. All prices are subject to the current rate of VAT
16. Delivery Charges will vary by area; Whilst we will do our best to keep costs to a minimum, we recommend you contact us by email to enquire as to the cost for delivery to your venue. Delivery in and around Kendal is free of charge.